BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Court documents say a former Alabama state trooper is accused of raping a woman inside his patrol vehicle after a car accident.
Authorities have said 40-year-old Samuel H. McHenry II is charged with rape and sodomy in the Dec. 6 incident and has been fired from his position as a state trooper.
A warrant says McHenry found pill bottles and an empty nasal spray bottle in the woman’s car. Investigators say the woman was driven away from the scene in McHenry’s patrol vehicle and he told her that she’d go to jail unless she had sex with him. Investigators say the woman was also ordered to perform oral sex.
An email to McHenry’s attorney wasn’t immediately returned and a phone call wasn’t answered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A nurse and her entire family contracted COVID-19 under one roof. It started with a 'selfless' car ride.
- Pentagon blocks visits to military spy agencies by Biden transition team
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- California imposing its strongest coronavirus limits since the spring