BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Court documents say a former Alabama state trooper is accused of raping a woman inside his patrol vehicle after a car accident.
Authorities have said 40-year-old Samuel H. McHenry II is charged with rape and sodomy in the Dec. 6 incident and has been fired from his position as a state trooper.
A warrant says McHenry found pill bottles and an empty nasal spray bottle in the woman’s car. Investigators say the woman was driven away from the scene in McHenry’s patrol vehicle and he told her that she’d go to jail unless she had sex with him. Investigators say the woman was also ordered to perform oral sex.
An email to McHenry’s attorney wasn’t immediately returned and a phone call wasn’t answered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Can you have alcohol after the COVID vaccine?
- After leading a 153-person hike in the Grand Canyon, a Washington health-care exec faces federal charges
- Why the world's most vaccinated country is seeing an unprecedented spike in coronavirus cases
- 4 ex-cops indicted on US civil rights charges in Floyd death
- Mom who gave birth on flight didn't know she was pregnant