CHICAGO (AP) — The Illinois Department of Human Rights has set up a new hotline for victims of sexual harassment.
Callers can report sexual harassment through the toll-free number, and also receive information on counseling and legal services.
The department’s acting director, Janice Glenn, says the hotline makes the process of finding resources and filing complaints more centralized.
The Sexual Harassment Hotline Call Center can be reached Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. The telephone number is 877-236-7703.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
All communications with the new service are considered strictly confidential and aren’t subject to open-records laws.
Illinois Sexual Harassment Hotline: https://www.illinois.gov/sexualharassment