MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Several Vermont state agencies are seeking to delay hearings this month on the proposed sale of the closed Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant.
The Rutland Herald reports state agencies asked the Public Utility Commission Thursday to postpone hearings scheduled for this month so they can review NorthStar Group’s updated financial offer to Entergy, owner of Vermont Yankee.
Vermont Yankee closed in 2014 after operating for 42 years. NorthStar promises to demolish the reactor and restore the site by 2030.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A jogger accidentally crossed into the US from Canada and was detained for two weeks
- British royal family is welcoming its first same-sex marriage
- Commentary | What’s behind Melania Trump’s ‘I really don’t care, do u’ jacket?
- Crying Honduran girl on cover of Time was not separated from her mother
- The 3-minute break heard ’round Japan
Information from: Rutland Herald, http://www.rutlandherald.com/