MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Several Vermont state agencies are seeking to delay hearings this month on the proposed sale of the closed Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant.
The Rutland Herald reports state agencies asked the Public Utility Commission Thursday to postpone hearings scheduled for this month so they can review NorthStar Group’s updated financial offer to Entergy, owner of Vermont Yankee.
Vermont Yankee closed in 2014 after operating for 42 years. NorthStar promises to demolish the reactor and restore the site by 2030.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
Information from: Rutland Herald, http://www.rutlandherald.com/