MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Several Vermont state agencies are seeking to delay hearings this month on the proposed sale of the closed Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant.
The Rutland Herald reports state agencies asked the Public Utility Commission Thursday to postpone hearings scheduled for this month so they can review NorthStar Group’s updated financial offer to Entergy, owner of Vermont Yankee.
Vermont Yankee closed in 2014 after operating for 42 years. NorthStar promises to demolish the reactor and restore the site by 2030.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Employee being fired fatally shoots 5 co-workers in Illinois WATCH
- Bombshell book alleges a Vatican gay subculture, hypocrisy
- Chicago police: Jussie Smollett assault case has 'shifted'
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
Information from: Rutland Herald, http://www.rutlandherald.com/