MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Several Vermont state agencies are seeking to delay hearings this month on the proposed sale of the closed Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant.
The Rutland Herald reports state agencies asked the Public Utility Commission Thursday to postpone hearings scheduled for this month so they can review NorthStar Group’s updated financial offer to Entergy, owner of Vermont Yankee.
Vermont Yankee closed in 2014 after operating for 42 years. NorthStar promises to demolish the reactor and restore the site by 2030.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Children left to die in hot cars: accident or murder?
- He went underwater to propose to his girlfriend, but he didn't live to hear her say 'yes'
- Tour bus driver in deadly Utah crash was on 1st trip VIEW
- 3 dead, 4 hospitalized in suspected drug overdose
- Puyallup has paid more to attorneys defending its homeless laws than to homeless service providers
Information from: Rutland Herald, http://www.rutlandherald.com/