MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Several Vermont state agencies are seeking to delay hearings this month on the proposed sale of the closed Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant.
The Rutland Herald reports state agencies asked the Public Utility Commission Thursday to postpone hearings scheduled for this month so they can review NorthStar Group’s updated financial offer to Entergy, owner of Vermont Yankee.
Vermont Yankee closed in 2014 after operating for 42 years. NorthStar promises to demolish the reactor and restore the site by 2030.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Drug firm can’t keep up with demand for shingles vaccine
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- 'Make better choices': Endangered Hawaiian monk seals keep getting eels stuck up their noses and scientists want them to stop
Information from: Rutland Herald, http://www.rutlandherald.com/