MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Several Vermont state agencies are seeking to delay hearings this month on the proposed sale of the closed Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant.
The Rutland Herald reports state agencies asked the Public Utility Commission Thursday to postpone hearings scheduled for this month so they can review NorthStar Group’s updated financial offer to Entergy, owner of Vermont Yankee.
Vermont Yankee closed in 2014 after operating for 42 years. NorthStar promises to demolish the reactor and restore the site by 2030.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- With restaurants closed, CDC warns of increasingly aggressive rodents looking for new food sources
- Trump Promotes Posts From Racist Twitter Feed
- Study estimates 24 states still have uncontrolled coronavirus spread
- CDC Warns of ‘Aggressive’ Rats Searching for Food During Shutdowns
- Virus 'does not spread easily' from contaminated surfaces, revised CDC website says
Information from: Rutland Herald, http://www.rutlandherald.com/