BREAUX BRIDGE, La. (AP) — State police say a sheriff’s deputy in Louisiana shot and killed a 32-year-old man inside his home.
State police spokesman Master Trooper Brooks David says at least two sheriff’s deputies were at the home of Michael Noel about 5:50 p.m. Monday when the shooting occurred.
David says investigators have told him one shot was fired.
He says he doesn’t know why the deputies were at Noel’s home, south of Breaux Bridge. He says two deputies were treated for minor injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- People dumped their pets into lakes, officials say. Now football-size goldfish are taking over.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
- Man with coronavirus disguises as wife on Indonesian flight
David says Noel was black but that he does not know the race of the deputies.
David says state police were asked to investigate the shooting at 8:45 p.m. State police are called in by law enforcement agencies to investigate officer-involved shootings.