BALD KNOB, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas State Police agents are investigating after a driver apparently shot himself after a pursuit with police officers in north-central Arkansas.
State police say the pursuit began Wednesday night on U.S. 67 near Bald Knob, about 55 miles (88 kilometers) northeast of Little Rock. State police say that law enforcement officers from Judsonia and White County joined Bald Knob police in the pursuit, which ended when the driver crashed his vehicle into patrol vehicles.
State police say the driver then shot himself. According to a statement, the driver was “critically wounded” and taken to a Little Rock hospital.
State police say agents will submit their findings to prosecutors once their investigation is complete.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- What is 'milkshaking?' Ask the Brits hurling drinks at right-wing candidates