BALD KNOB, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas State Police agents are investigating after a driver apparently shot himself after a pursuit with police officers in north-central Arkansas.
State police say the pursuit began Wednesday night on U.S. 67 near Bald Knob, about 55 miles (88 kilometers) northeast of Little Rock. State police say that law enforcement officers from Judsonia and White County joined Bald Knob police in the pursuit, which ended when the driver crashed his vehicle into patrol vehicles.
State police say the driver then shot himself. According to a statement, the driver was “critically wounded” and taken to a Little Rock hospital.
State police say agents will submit their findings to prosecutors once their investigation is complete.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting