BALD KNOB, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas State Police agents are investigating after a driver apparently shot himself after a pursuit with police officers in north-central Arkansas.
State police say the pursuit began Wednesday night on U.S. 67 near Bald Knob, about 55 miles (88 kilometers) northeast of Little Rock. State police say that law enforcement officers from Judsonia and White County joined Bald Knob police in the pursuit, which ended when the driver crashed his vehicle into patrol vehicles.
State police say the driver then shot himself. According to a statement, the driver was “critically wounded” and taken to a Little Rock hospital.
State police say agents will submit their findings to prosecutors once their investigation is complete.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.