ESSEX, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut State Police have classified the deaths of an Essex couple as a murder-suicide.
Police say Susan Barron and her husband, Joseph Reifer, died of gunshot wounds. Police say Barron’s death was a homicide and Reifer died of self-inflicted wounds.
Troopers found their bodies Tuesday after conducting a well-being check at their home.
Both Barron and Reifer were 72-years-old. Police say Reifer would have turned 73 on Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle