OSAGE, Iowa (AP) — Mitchell County officials have appointed a Stacyville councilwoman to fill a vacant supervisor’s position.
The Mason City Globe Gazette reports that Amanda Adams was appointed Friday to fill the vacant 3rd District Supervisor seat.
The position became vacant earlier in the month, when County Treasurer Shannon Paulus resigned her position as supervisor to become treasurer. Adams’ appointment is for 11 months. She will represent communities in the central and eastern parts of the county, including Stacyville, McIntire, Riceville, Orchard and Little Cedar.
Paulus, County Auditor Lowell Tesch and County Recorder Pat Skuster selected Adams from a field of five applicants. Tesch said a special election was not held due to cost.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing
Adams is scheduled to be sworn in Tuesday.
Information from: Globe Gazette, http://www.globegazette.com/