OSAGE, Iowa (AP) — Mitchell County officials have appointed a Stacyville councilwoman to fill a vacant supervisor’s position.
The Mason City Globe Gazette reports that Amanda Adams was appointed Friday to fill the vacant 3rd District Supervisor seat.
The position became vacant earlier in the month, when County Treasurer Shannon Paulus resigned her position as supervisor to become treasurer. Adams’ appointment is for 11 months. She will represent communities in the central and eastern parts of the county, including Stacyville, McIntire, Riceville, Orchard and Little Cedar.
Paulus, County Auditor Lowell Tesch and County Recorder Pat Skuster selected Adams from a field of five applicants. Tesch said a special election was not held due to cost.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
Adams is scheduled to be sworn in Tuesday.
Information from: Globe Gazette, http://www.globegazette.com/