OSAGE, Iowa (AP) — Mitchell County officials have appointed a Stacyville councilwoman to fill a vacant supervisor’s position.
The Mason City Globe Gazette reports that Amanda Adams was appointed Friday to fill the vacant 3rd District Supervisor seat.
The position became vacant earlier in the month, when County Treasurer Shannon Paulus resigned her position as supervisor to become treasurer. Adams’ appointment is for 11 months. She will represent communities in the central and eastern parts of the county, including Stacyville, McIntire, Riceville, Orchard and Little Cedar.
Paulus, County Auditor Lowell Tesch and County Recorder Pat Skuster selected Adams from a field of five applicants. Tesch said a special election was not held due to cost.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
Adams is scheduled to be sworn in Tuesday.
Information from: Globe Gazette, http://www.globegazette.com/