NORWICH, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut State Police say the search for a man wanted in connection with a stabbing in Norwich last weekend has ended with the suspect dead after an exchange of gunfire with officers.
Brandon Uzialko was wanted on an attempted murder charge in connection with a stabbing during a home invasion last Saturday night that left the victim with life-threatening injuries. Police said the victim was a new boyfriend of Uzialko’s ex-girlfriend.
The 25-year-old Uzialko was located at about 7 p.m. Tuesday and exchanged gunfire with Norwich police.
He fled on foot and was found dead several hours later at a different location.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- A New Jersey toddler spent nearly $1,800 using his mom's phone. She didn't know until packages started arriving.
State police have taken over the investigation.
An autopsy is scheduled. The names of the officers involved are being withheld.