ST. LOUIS (AP) — A St. Louis bar owner faces second-degree murder and assault charges in a shooting that killed a teenager and injured the teen’s mother.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 37-year-old Larry Jackson is jailed on $250,000 bond. He was charged Thursday.
Jackson is accused of killing 18-year-old Antavion Wilson during a shootout on Feb. 2 outside The Other Place Lounge.
Wilson’s mother, 36-year-old Detra Green, was shot in the chest. Police say video shows Jackson hitting her and kicking or stomping her when she fell.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- HQ Trivia co-founder dies apparently of drug overdose, police say
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Perversion of Justice: Cops worked to put serial sex abuser in prison. Prosecutors worked to cut him a break VIEW
Police say video surveillance shows the confrontation began after Jackson kicked Green out of his bar, leading to an exchange of gunfire between Wilson and Jackson.
Jackson surrendered to police five days after the shooting and claimed he fired the shots in self-defense.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com