ST. LOUIS (AP) — A St. Louis bar owner faces second-degree murder and assault charges in a shooting that killed a teenager and injured the teen’s mother.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 37-year-old Larry Jackson is jailed on $250,000 bond. He was charged Thursday.
Jackson is accused of killing 18-year-old Antavion Wilson during a shootout on Feb. 2 outside The Other Place Lounge.
Wilson’s mother, 36-year-old Detra Green, was shot in the chest. Police say video shows Jackson hitting her and kicking or stomping her when she fell.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Norwegians spot Viking ship buried in the ground
- Dutch art sleuth recovers Picasso stolen 20 years ago
- 'Total bombshell': Trump administration seeking full repeal of Obamacare
- Key take-aways from special counsel Robert Mueller’s report
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
Police say video surveillance shows the confrontation began after Jackson kicked Green out of his bar, leading to an exchange of gunfire between Wilson and Jackson.
Jackson surrendered to police five days after the shooting and claimed he fired the shots in self-defense.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com