SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — Springfield police are treating the discovery of a man found dead under a car at an apartment complex as a homicide.
Masslive.com reports that police responded to the Maple Street complex at about 6:15 a.m. Friday after receiving a report of an unresponsive male underneath a vehicle.
Police surrounded a portion of the complex for about three hours as they investigated.
A police spokesman said the victim was an adult male. The death marks the city’s third homicide of the year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
No arrests have been made.
The investigation is ongoing.