CARRABASSETT VALLEY, Maine (AP) — Maine’s Special Olympics are drawing to a conclusion on the slopes of Sugarloaf Mountain.
More than 400 athletes representing 58 teams are at Sugarloaf for the 49th annual event. Events included Nordic skiing, alpine skiing, speed skating and snowshoeing.
Maine hosted the world’s first winter Special Olympics games in Gorham back in 1969.
The opening ceremony was held over the weekend, and the event was wrapping up with a closing ceremony and awarding of medals on Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead