JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Two candidates are competing in a runoff to fill an empty seat in the Mississippi House of Representatives.
Blake Ferretti of Cleveland and Tracey Rosebud of Tutwiler are on special election ballot in District 30. It includes parts of Bolivar, Quitman, Sunflower and Tallahatchie counties.
Party labels do not appear on ballots in Mississippi special elections
Polls are open 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Ian lashes South Carolina as Florida's death toll climbs
- DeSantis, once a ‘no’ on storm aid, petitions a president he’s bashed
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
The winner will serve until January 2020, filling the end of a term started by Democrat Robert Huddleston of Sumner, who had served since 1996. He resigned during the 2018 legislative session to spend more time with his family.