CITRUS SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) — It was a special New Year’s Eve delivery for a north Florida woman thanks to firefighters.
When a Citrus County Sheriff’s Fire Rescue crew arrived at a Citrus Springs home early Thursday morning, they found a woman already in labor.
Spokeswoman Lindsay Blair said in a news release that the woman was expecting twins, due in March.
But as the crew assisted the woman, they discovered that one of the babies was ready for delivery. Another crew of medics arrived and within two minutes a baby girl was born. The crews got the mother and newborn into the ambulance.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Biden expected to nominate Blinken as secretary of state
- Trump tries to nullify votes in Wisconsin recount
- What was dripping down Giuliani's face? Dark streaks added to an already-odd event
- D.C. preparing for pandemic Inauguration Day
The second baby, a boy, was delivered five minutes later on the way to the hospital.
Blair said the mother and babies were doing well in the hospital Thursday morning.