FAIR GROVE, Mo. (AP) — A southwest Missouri man has pleaded guilty in the shooting death of his girlfriend in 2016.
As part of a plea deal, 40-year-old Carlton Wallace was expected to spend 20 years in prison for the death of 26-year-old Lindsay Arnold in February 2016 in Fair Grove.
The Springfield News-Leader reports Wallace’s mother called sheriff’s deputies after her son would not let her enter an outbuilding where he lived with Arnold. He was arrested at a Walmart in Springfield hours after the killing.
Deputies found Arnold dead under a blanket with red foam around her mouth and a gunshot wound to the back of her head.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fired police sergeant attacks Thai day care center, kills 36
- Rare drone footage shows orcas mauling great white sharks
- In retreat at the front, Russia strikes deep into Ukraine
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- VP was in car accident; Secret Service first called it 'mechanical failure'
Wallace’s mother told police Wallace and Arnold had an extensive history of domestic violence and authorities came to the property numerous times.
Information from: Springfield News-Leader, http://www.news-leader.com