MILFORD, Neb. (AP) — Deputies have arrested a 37-year-old southeastern Nebraska man accused of setting a 42-year-old woman on fire.
The Lincoln Journal Star reports that investigators believe Jeremy Koch, of Milford, sprayed the woman with aerosol brake fluid and lit her on fire Wednesday night following an argument between the two at a rural Milford home.
The Seward County Sheriff’s Office says the woman was able to remove some clothing, but still suffered severe burns. She was taken to a hospital and is expected to survive.
Koch was arrested on suspicion of domestic assault, arson and a felony weapons count. He remained in Seward County jail Friday on $500,000 bond. It was not clear whether he had an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, http://www.journalstar.com