MILFORD, Neb. (AP) — Deputies have arrested a 37-year-old southeastern Nebraska man accused of setting a 42-year-old woman on fire.
The Lincoln Journal Star reports that investigators believe Jeremy Koch, of Milford, sprayed the woman with aerosol brake fluid and lit her on fire Wednesday night following an argument between the two at a rural Milford home.
The Seward County Sheriff’s Office says the woman was able to remove some clothing, but still suffered severe burns. She was taken to a hospital and is expected to survive.
Koch was arrested on suspicion of domestic assault, arson and a felony weapons count. He remained in Seward County jail Friday on $500,000 bond. It was not clear whether he had an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Court: Sotomayor shoulder injury worse than first thought
- Student says Confederate flag theft sparked protests
- Miss America 2005 marries same-sex partner in Alabama
- Arizona Senate moves to change rules for replacing John McCain
- All teachers transferred, fired from troubled elementary
Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, http://www.journalstar.com