MILFORD, Neb. (AP) — Deputies have arrested a 37-year-old southeastern Nebraska man accused of setting a 42-year-old woman on fire.
The Lincoln Journal Star reports that investigators believe Jeremy Koch, of Milford, sprayed the woman with aerosol brake fluid and lit her on fire Wednesday night following an argument between the two at a rural Milford home.
The Seward County Sheriff’s Office says the woman was able to remove some clothing, but still suffered severe burns. She was taken to a hospital and is expected to survive.
Koch was arrested on suspicion of domestic assault, arson and a felony weapons count. He remained in Seward County jail Friday on $500,000 bond. It was not clear whether he had an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Sri Lanka military gets special powers after deadly bombings VIEW
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- SpaceX suffers serious setback with crew capsule accident
Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, http://www.journalstar.com