BEATRICE, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say officers arrested a Beatrice bank robbery suspect less than five minutes after the heist was reported.
Great Western Bank workers called 911 around 2:20 p.m. Monday, soon after the man entered the branch and demanded money from a teller. The man left with less than $100.
Police Capt. Gerald Lamkin says the man was soon spotted outside the bank and taken into custody without incident. He was not armed.
Online court records don’t show that the man has been charged.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House at war with itself even as it fights impeachment inquiry
- U.S. Navy submarine lost with all hands in World War II is found off Okinawa
- Split Supreme Court appears ready to allow Trump to end DACA VIEW
- Donald Trump Jr. talk marked by anger over no Q&A
- Mini Mercury skips across sun's vast glare in rare transit VIEW