BEATRICE, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say officers arrested a Beatrice bank robbery suspect less than five minutes after the heist was reported.
Great Western Bank workers called 911 around 2:20 p.m. Monday, soon after the man entered the branch and demanded money from a teller. The man left with less than $100.
Police Capt. Gerald Lamkin says the man was soon spotted outside the bank and taken into custody without incident. He was not armed.
Online court records don’t show that the man has been charged.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
- Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband's concerns that President Trump's mental health is deteriorating
- Confusion, then prayer, in cockpit of doomed Lion Air jet
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers