BEATRICE, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say officers arrested a Beatrice bank robbery suspect less than five minutes after the heist was reported.
Great Western Bank workers called 911 around 2:20 p.m. Monday, soon after the man entered the branch and demanded money from a teller. The man left with less than $100.
Police Capt. Gerald Lamkin says the man was soon spotted outside the bank and taken into custody without incident. He was not armed.
Online court records don’t show that the man has been charged.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'