BEATRICE, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say officers arrested a Beatrice bank robbery suspect less than five minutes after the heist was reported.
Great Western Bank workers called 911 around 2:20 p.m. Monday, soon after the man entered the branch and demanded money from a teller. The man left with less than $100.
Police Capt. Gerald Lamkin says the man was soon spotted outside the bank and taken into custody without incident. He was not armed.
Online court records don’t show that the man has been charged.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- 'Manholes' are out as Berkeley removes gender-specific language from city code
- Plan to slow Western wildfires would clear strips of land
- California officers reunite 250-pound tortoise with owners
- Nesting penguins can't resist lure of New Zealand sushi shop