EAGLE PASS, Texas (AP) — Police in South Texas say a 7-month-old girl has died after being left in a parked car amid triple-digit temperatures when her father apparently forgot to take her to day care before going to work.
Eagle Pass police said Thursday that the car was parked at a local school where the father worked as a teacher. Officer Humberto (uhm-BEHR’-toh) Garza says investigators believe the baby’s death was accidental.
Police say emergency personnel were summoned to the school parking lot around 4:45 p.m. Wednesday. The child was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Forecasters say temperatures reached 100 degrees on Wednesday in Eagle Pass, which is about 130 miles (209 kilometers) southwest of San Antonio.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Complaint in Closs case could be road map for prosecution WATCH
- UK's May faces no-confidence vote after Brexit plan crushed WATCH
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Trump invokes one of the worst Native American massacres to mock Elizabeth Warren
- At Trump’s inauguration, $10,000 for makeup and lots of room service VIEW
The Eagle Pass Independent School District didn’t immediately return a message from The Associated Press on Thursday.