MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) — A man accused of robbing a gas station in Mitchell, South Dakota, earlier this month has been arrested in Davenport, Iowa.
Police last week issued an arrest warrant for 18-year-old Montez McClain after viewing surveillance camera video and investigating other leads.
The Daily Republic reports McClain was apprehended Wednesday. It wasn’t immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
Police say a man walked into the Easy Come Easy Go store on April 12, threatened the clerk and fled with about $800 in cash. He did not display a weapon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea
McClain was wanted for second-degree robbery, which carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine.
Information from: The Daily Republic, http://www.mitchellrepublic.com