BEAUFORT, S.C. (AP) — A school teacher in South Carolina has been arrested and charged with assaulting two students at her home last week.
The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release Monday that 28-year-old Brittney Whetzel was arrested at her home on Lady’s island.
The English teacher at Battery Creek High School is charged with sexual battery with two students and providing alcohol to three minors at her home.
The sheriff’s office said a second employee at the school, 23-year-old Akina Andrews, turned herself in to deputies Monday afternoon and was charged with three counts of providing alcohol to minors.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
Both women are being held in the Beaufort County jail. There was no record of an attorney for either of them yet.