GREER, S.C. (AP) — State police are investigating after a South Carolina police officer shot and wounded a man who investigators say struck the officer with a vehicle.
State Law Enforcement Division spokesman Thom Berry said the agency was called around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday to investigate a shooting involving a Greer police officer.
Police say the officer was checking on a vehicle when it happened.
Berry said the Greer officer was struck by a man in the vehicle. Berry said the officer was treated and released from Spartanburg Regional Medical Center. The man who was shot was being treated at the same hospital for injuries that did not appear to be life-threatening.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
The names of the officer and the suspect have not been released. But Berry said both are white men.