AIKEN, S.C. (AP) — Officials have released the name of a man who died in a fire in South Carolina.
Aiken County Coroner Tim Carlton told local media outlets that 25-year-old Christopher Gazda of North Augusta died in the fire at his home Saturday night. Carlton said Gazda was the only person in the house when the fire was reported.
Carlton said an autopsy was planned Monday in Newberry.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events