WAGENER, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina man has been found dead under a tarp in his yard and officials say it appears his home had been burglarized.
The Aiken County sheriff’s office and coroner’s offices are investigating the death of 76-year-old Kenneth Goodwin.
Coroner Tim Carlton said in a news release that it appeared Goodwin’s home had been burglarized and several items were missing. Carlton says an autopsy determined Goodwin was beaten in the head and body and was dead several days before his body was found Monday at his Wagener home.
Sheriff’s Capt. Eric Abdullah says Goodwin’s pickup truck is missing and his body was found outside under a tarp by a friend who came by to check on him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn
No arrests have been made.