WAGENER, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina man has been found dead under a tarp in his yard and officials say it appears his home had been burglarized.
The Aiken County sheriff’s office and coroner’s offices are investigating the death of 76-year-old Kenneth Goodwin.
Coroner Tim Carlton said in a news release that it appeared Goodwin’s home had been burglarized and several items were missing. Carlton says an autopsy determined Goodwin was beaten in the head and body and was dead several days before his body was found Monday at his Wagener home.
Sheriff’s Capt. Eric Abdullah says Goodwin’s pickup truck is missing and his body was found outside under a tarp by a friend who came by to check on him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fake images of Trump arrest show 'giant step' for AI's disruptive power
- What to know about the eyedrops linked to deaths and vision loss
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- End of the rainbow? California bill would ban sales of Skittles, other 'toxic' snacks
- A tree fell, killing two children. Their parents are now warning others
No arrests have been made.