SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — Officials say a South Carolina man has died after being struck by a train.
The Spartanburg Herald-Journal reports (http://bit.ly/2pUyXax ) that Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger says 53-year-old Glenn Alan Jordan was pronounced dead at the scene Tuesday morning.
Spartanburg Fire Chief Marion Blackwell says the train conductor saw Jordan walking on the tracks and blew a horn, but Jordan did not react.
The Spartanburg Police Department, fire department and county coroner’s office are investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein
- 8 bombshells from Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony at Jan. 6 hearing
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Trump tried to strangle Secret Service agent in attempt to reach Capitol on Jan. 6, aide testifies
Norfolk Southern owns the tracks. Blackwell says railroad police also were called to investigate.
Information from: Herald-Journal, http://www.goupstate.com/