ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a South Carolina man was charged with selling the same car to two different people not long after he was released from prison in another car fraud scheme.
The Rock Hill Herald reports that Bernard Gaston served about a year after being sentenced in 2014 for a car fraud scheme in York County that affected dozens of people.
Now, Rock Hill Police Department arrest warrants say that Gaston tried to sell a 2007 Volvo to two different people last year.
The 52-year-old was charged Thursday with counts including vehicle breach of trust and misuse of a vehicle title.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boebert, Greene, Cruz and others decry ‘demonic’ Grammys
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- Lucky player in Washington wins $754.6M Powerball prize
- White people have flocked back to city centers — and transformed them
- Fears mount around 'catastrophic' abortion pills case as decision nears
A voicemail left at a phone listing for Gaston Saturday wasn’t immediately returned.