ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a South Carolina man was charged with selling the same car to two different people not long after he was released from prison in another car fraud scheme.
The Rock Hill Herald reports that Bernard Gaston served about a year after being sentenced in 2014 for a car fraud scheme in York County that affected dozens of people.
Now, Rock Hill Police Department arrest warrants say that Gaston tried to sell a 2007 Volvo to two different people last year.
The 52-year-old was charged Thursday with counts including vehicle breach of trust and misuse of a vehicle title.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
A voicemail left at a phone listing for Gaston Saturday wasn’t immediately returned.