JOHANNESBURG (AP) — South Africans are expressing outrage over a video showing a local man filming himself on a beach during a racist rant.
Local media identify the man as Adam Catzavelos, who says it is “heaven on earth” with no black people around. He uses a deeply offensive racist slur.
It is not clear where the video was first posted.
Local media say Catzavelos has been fired from his family’s business. Eyewitness News cites a family statement as calling his remarks “abhorrent.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- Man who tried to breach FBI office killed after standoff
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
At least three food industry groups that did business with the company say they have ended the relationship.
South Africa continues to face racist incidents nearly a quarter-century after the end of white minority rule.
The opposition Economic Freedom Fighters party has reportedly opened a criminal case against Catzavelos.