DRAPER, Utah (AP) — Members of a special forces unit of the Utah National Guard are being honored for their valor during a 2017 deployment to Afghanistan.
Guard officials say Gov. Gary Herbert on Sunday will present awards to 19 soldiers of Bravo Company of the 1st Battalion of the 19th Special Forces Group at the guard’s headquarters in Draper.
Various soldiers will be awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Army Commendation Medal and Purple Heart.
Utah is the home of many elements of the 19th Special Forces Group, which is one of two special forces groups in the Army National Guard.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- More outbreaks of foodborne illnesses: Here’s what you need to know
- 'Are you dead, sir?': Video shows ER doctor mocking patient who said he couldn't breathe WATCH
- Trump administration pulls US out of UN human rights council
- In reversal, Trump orders halt to his family separation rule WATCH
- In secret recording, children in custody sob, beg for parents taken from them at U.S. border