DRAPER, Utah (AP) — Members of a special forces unit of the Utah National Guard are being honored for their valor during a 2017 deployment to Afghanistan.
Guard officials say Gov. Gary Herbert on Sunday will present awards to 19 soldiers of Bravo Company of the 1st Battalion of the 19th Special Forces Group at the guard’s headquarters in Draper.
Various soldiers will be awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Army Commendation Medal and Purple Heart.
Utah is the home of many elements of the 19th Special Forces Group, which is one of two special forces groups in the Army National Guard.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘Are you talking to me?’ Trump’s anger on impeachment erupts
- The world's top economists just made the case for why we still need English majors
- Why Trump Dropped His Idea to Hold the G7 at His Own Hotel
- Police seize guns in Snohomish County from man accused of 'preparing for race war'
- Mark Esperanto? Trump misnames his defense secretary in tweet