DRAPER, Utah (AP) — Members of a special forces unit of the Utah National Guard are being honored for their valor during a 2017 deployment to Afghanistan.
Guard officials say Gov. Gary Herbert on Sunday will present awards to 19 soldiers of Bravo Company of the 1st Battalion of the 19th Special Forces Group at the guard’s headquarters in Draper.
Various soldiers will be awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Army Commendation Medal and Purple Heart.
Utah is the home of many elements of the 19th Special Forces Group, which is one of two special forces groups in the Army National Guard.
Most Read Stories
- 'We were before our time': Remembering the fight to change King County's namesake from a slave owner to a civil-rights leader VIEW
- Spendy dinners and $79 haircuts: Tim Eyman isn't living like someone who's bankrupt, AG says
- How white families with young children can undo racism
- Special sunglasses, license-plate dresses: How to be anonymous in the age of surveillance WATCH
- As smaller Washington cities grapple with homelessness, Republicans take up the issue in the state Legislature