DRAPER, Utah (AP) — Members of a special forces unit of the Utah National Guard are being honored for their valor during a 2017 deployment to Afghanistan.
Guard officials say Gov. Gary Herbert on Sunday will present awards to 19 soldiers of Bravo Company of the 1st Battalion of the 19th Special Forces Group at the guard’s headquarters in Draper.
Various soldiers will be awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Army Commendation Medal and Purple Heart.
Utah is the home of many elements of the 19th Special Forces Group, which is one of two special forces groups in the Army National Guard.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- More than 1,000 TSA employees have tested positive for coronavirus
- Growing chorus pushes for renewed coronavirus shutdown orders
- 'Blood on his hands': In scathing obituary, woman blames governor for her father's covid-19 death
- Analysis: The cognitive test that Trump took means more than you think
- What's happening with COVID-19 antibody tests? Here's a Q&A