DRAPER, Utah (AP) — Members of a special forces unit of the Utah National Guard are being honored for their valor during a 2017 deployment to Afghanistan.
Guard officials say Gov. Gary Herbert on Sunday will present awards to 19 soldiers of Bravo Company of the 1st Battalion of the 19th Special Forces Group at the guard’s headquarters in Draper.
Various soldiers will be awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Army Commendation Medal and Purple Heart.
Utah is the home of many elements of the 19th Special Forces Group, which is one of two special forces groups in the Army National Guard.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House offers new tax credit to help spur vaccinations
- The girl in the Kent State photo and the lifelong burden of being a national symbol
- Your COVID post-vaccine activities safety guide, including gyms, shopping, taking an Uber and more
- Sleeping too little in middle age may increase dementia risk, study finds
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events