PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Officials have identified a soldier who died in an accidental shooting at a training facility near the Oregon coast.
Authorities say 24-year-old Spc. Devin Kuhn died Wednesday from his injuries in the emergency room at Columbia Memorial Hospital in Astoria.
Kuhn was assigned to Alpha Co., 2nd Ranger Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
Camp Rilea, based in Warrenton, is the primary training facility for the Oregon National Guard.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- Some 2-week coronavirus quarantines can be cut to 10 or 7 days, CDC says
- New Orleans swingers event becomes 'superspreader' after 41 test positive for coronavirus
- U.S. to withdraw some Baghdad embassy staffers as tensions spike with Iran, its allies
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events