PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Officials have identified a soldier who died in an accidental shooting at a training facility near the Oregon coast.
Authorities say 24-year-old Spc. Devin Kuhn died Wednesday from his injuries in the emergency room at Columbia Memorial Hospital in Astoria.
Kuhn was assigned to Alpha Co., 2nd Ranger Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
Camp Rilea, based in Warrenton, is the primary training facility for the Oregon National Guard.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They shunned COVID-19 vaccines but embraced antibody treatment
- A throng of internet sleuths are on the Gabby Petito case. Why has it sparked so much interest?
- Senate GOP says it will allow debt default; Democrats rush to avert economic crisis | Analysis
- A Kansas boy entered a unique insect at the state fair. It triggered a federal investigation
- A TV meteorologist of 33 years declined the vaccine, citing personal freedoms. He was fired