POWNAL, Vt. (AP) — A solar energy development company in Vermont has received approval to assess three potential development sites in Pownal.
The Pownal Select Board unanimously approved a lease agreement with Green Lantern Group, which will now assess two former landfill sites and a former waste dumping area. The Bennington Banner reports Ralph Meima, the director of development with Green Lantern, met with the board Tuesday.
Meima says the former waste dumping ground is a Superfund site, which could pose some new permitting issues for developers to work through.
Meima says Green Lantern will use a group of engineering and environmental companies that they’ve previously worked with to perform the assessments. The company has developed 60 small to medium sized solar projects across Vermont.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Betsy DeVos compares Joe Biden touching her forehead to sexual harassment under Title IX
Information from: Bennington Banner, http://www.benningtonbanner.com