NEW YORK (AP) — “Descendants” star Sofia Carson and two-time U.S. Open champ Novak Djokovic will headline this year’s Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day, a stadium concert that organizers are hoping will increase interest in youth tennis.
The annual event, which pays tribute to the late tennis great, is set for Aug. 26 at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. It will also be broadcast the following day from 2-3 p.m. EDT on ABC, which will air the “Descendents 2” starring Carson on July 21.
This year’s lineup includes performances by the pop duo Jack & Jack, singer-songwriter Alex Aiono and boy band New Hope Club.
The event is also being used to promote the United States Tennis Association’s Net Generation initiative, which aims to get more children ages 5 to 18 playing the sport.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Easter Sunday bomb blasts kill more than 200 in Sri Lanka VIEW
- Sri Lanka military gets special powers after deadly bombings VIEW
- Giuliani: Nothing wrong with Trump camp taking Russian help
This story has been corrected to show that the event is Saturday Aug. 26, not Aug. 27.