NEW YORK (AP) — “Descendants” star Sofia Carson and two-time U.S. Open champ Novak Djokovic will headline this year’s Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day, a stadium concert that organizers are hoping will increase interest in youth tennis.
The annual event, which pays tribute to the late tennis great, is set for Aug. 26 at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. It will also be broadcast the following day from 2-3 p.m. EDT on ABC, which will air the “Descendents 2” starring Carson on July 21.
This year’s lineup includes performances by the pop duo Jack & Jack, singer-songwriter Alex Aiono and boy band New Hope Club.
The event is also being used to promote the United States Tennis Association’s Net Generation initiative, which aims to get more children ages 5 to 18 playing the sport.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
This story has been corrected to show that the event is Saturday Aug. 26, not Aug. 27.