NEW YORK (AP) — “Descendants” star Sofia Carson and two-time U.S. Open champ Novak Djokovic will headline this year’s Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day, a stadium concert that organizers are hoping will increase interest in youth tennis.
The annual event, which pays tribute to the late tennis great, is set for Aug. 26 at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. It will also be broadcast the following day from 2-3 p.m. EDT on ABC, which will air the “Descendents 2” starring Carson on July 21.
This year’s lineup includes performances by the pop duo Jack & Jack, singer-songwriter Alex Aiono and boy band New Hope Club.
The event is also being used to promote the United States Tennis Association’s Net Generation initiative, which aims to get more children ages 5 to 18 playing the sport.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- 9 brains, 3 hearts: Some wild facts about octopuses
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
This story has been corrected to show that the event is Saturday Aug. 26, not Aug. 27.