IRVINE, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky high school soccer coach is accused of having sex with an underage student and sending multiple students nude photographs.
WKYT-TV reports 28-year-old Andrew Hatton was arrested Tuesday on charges of third-degree rape, distribution of obscene matter to minors and possession of matter portraying sexual performance of a minor.
His arrest citation says a member of the girls’ soccer team at Estill County High School told police she had sex with Hatton up to five times. Another player reported the coach had added her on Snapchat and sent nude pictures of himself, requesting nude pictures of her in return.
The school’s website listed Hatton as the boys’ soccer coach, but state police say he used to coach the girls. He’s been placed on leave. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
Information from: WKYT-TV, http://www.wkyt.com