BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — This week’s storm in the Dakotas that dropped several inches of wet snow helped ease drought conditions, with the biggest impact in South Dakota.
The latest U.S. Drought Monitor map shows moderate-to-severe drought in South Dakota decreased over the week from 57 percent to 41 percent.
In North Dakota, the drop was less significant, from 65 percent to 62 percent.
The Drought Monitor says the biggest reduction in drought was in the east-central portion of the Dakotas, with smaller improvements farther west.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- To defend Trump, conservatives smear journalist presumed dead
- Justice Department charges Russian woman with interference in midterm elections