IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say a snowmobiler has died after being caught in an avalanche in eastern Idaho.
The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office says emergency workers received a 911 call Saturday afternoon that a snowmobiler had been caught in an avalanche east of Reas Peak in Island Park.
Search and rescue teams responded. Members of the man’s group found his body after about 40 minutes of searching.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. The man has not been identified.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle federal prosecutor Thomas Wales was possibly killed by hired gunman, FBI official says
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Report: NBA and Kevin Durant are coming back to Seattle ... for a Warriors-Kings preseason game
- 'It's not going to warm up': Record-breaking cold in Olympia, Bellingham as chill lingers
- See how Mount Rainier glaciers have vanished over time, with this eye-opening photo project
Earlier this month, a 36-year-old snowmobiler was killed by an avalanche near Island Park in Fremont County.