IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say a snowmobiler has died after being caught in an avalanche in eastern Idaho.
The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office says emergency workers received a 911 call Saturday afternoon that a snowmobiler had been caught in an avalanche east of Reas Peak in Island Park.
Search and rescue teams responded. Members of the man’s group found his body after about 40 minutes of searching.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. The man has not been identified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Death toll from Missouri duck boat accident climbs to 17 VIEW
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
Earlier this month, a 36-year-old snowmobiler was killed by an avalanche near Island Park in Fremont County.