IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say a snowmobiler has died after being caught in an avalanche in eastern Idaho.
The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office says emergency workers received a 911 call Saturday afternoon that a snowmobiler had been caught in an avalanche east of Reas Peak in Island Park.
Search and rescue teams responded. Members of the man’s group found his body after about 40 minutes of searching.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. The man has not been identified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
Earlier this month, a 36-year-old snowmobiler was killed by an avalanche near Island Park in Fremont County.