IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say a snowmobiler has died after being caught in an avalanche in eastern Idaho.
The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office says emergency workers received a 911 call Saturday afternoon that a snowmobiler had been caught in an avalanche east of Reas Peak in Island Park.
Search and rescue teams responded. Members of the man’s group found his body after about 40 minutes of searching.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. The man has not been identified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
- Oregon college safety officer pleads guilty to killing woman
Earlier this month, a 36-year-old snowmobiler was killed by an avalanche near Island Park in Fremont County.