IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say a snowmobiler has died after being caught in an avalanche in eastern Idaho.
The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office says emergency workers received a 911 call Saturday afternoon that a snowmobiler had been caught in an avalanche east of Reas Peak in Island Park.
Search and rescue teams responded. Members of the man’s group found his body after about 40 minutes of searching.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. The man has not been identified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Earlier this month, a 36-year-old snowmobiler was killed by an avalanche near Island Park in Fremont County.