LAPEL, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a snowmobiler in central Indiana has found the bodies of a young Indianapolis couple reported missing in December.
Madison County Sheriff Scott Mellinger says the bodies of Heaven Henderson and boyfriend Jeremy Danowski were discovered Thursday near Lapel, about 25 miles (40 kilometers) northeast of Indianapolis. He says they were found in an apparent embrace.
The couple in their 20s grew up in Lapel and Mellinger says a handgun they bought last month was found with them. He says two shell casings were found near the bodies, which were partially covered in snow.
Circumstances of the deaths are under investigation, but Mellinger says murder-suicide is a possibility.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Trump says summit with Putin was 'even better' than NATO meeting; Republicans criticize his Helsinki comments
The couple was reported missing Dec. 18 and Danowski’s car was found at a Lapel park. Several searches didn’t find them.