ASHWAUBENON, Wis. (AP) — Snow has crashed through part of the roof of the Brown County Veterans Memorial Arena near Green Bay.
Authorities were called twice Friday night about snow crashing through portions of the arena’s roof.
A spokesman for PMI Entertainment Group says snow first slid down off the arena’s dome through the roof of the ticket area. Hours later, another large chunk of snow fell, crashing through the roof of a conference room used by the Green Bay Area Convention & Visitor Bureau.
Up to 6 feet of snow was inside the arena where the damage occurred.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
No one was inside the arena at the time of the collapse. USA Today Network-Wisconsin reports a damage estimate is unavailable.
A storm last weekend dropped more than 2 feet of snow across northeastern Wisconsin.