EASTON, Pa. (AP) — Police say a man accidentally lit his hooded sweatshirt on fire while smoking outside a Pennsylvania mall and badly burned himself.
Palmer Township police say it happened Tuesday evening outside the Palmer Park Mall near Easton.
They say the man was either walking or hanging around outside the mall when his sweatshirt caught fire. Some people inside the mall saw the fire and ran outside to douse it with water.
By the time police arrived, the man had suffered severe burns to his hands, upper chest and head.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump likens House impeachment inquiry to 'a lynching' VIEW
- US diplomat: Trump linked Ukraine aid to demand for probe VIEW
- ‘Are you talking to me?’ Trump’s anger on impeachment erupts
- 'You people with this phony Emoluments Clause': Cabinet meeting devolves into 71 minutes of Trump grievances
- Google Maps now shows speed traps, potentially raising the ire of law enforcement
The man was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest, where his condition was not immediately available Wednesday.