WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A small sinkhole has opened on the road just outside President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.
The Palm Beach Post reports (http://pbpo.st/2rL9SQu ) that the 4-foot-by-4-foot (1-meter-by-1-meter) hole was discovered Monday in Palm Beach County just west of one the resort’s entrances. It is near a new water main and isn’t a threat to the president’s property in Palm Beach.
The president has spent seven weekends at Mar-a-Lago since taking office, but it is now closed for the summer. Trump is on a nine-day trip that began in the Middle East and will end in Italy.
Trump bought the club for $10 million in 1985 and has spent tens of millions on improvements. Each of the 500 members pays $14,000 annually in dues. The initiation fee was recently doubled to $200,000.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Family's Alaska fishing trip becomes nightmare with 3 dead and search over for 2 more
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Las Vegas maid stole $768,000 in jewelry from hotel room, police say
- Biden trips and falls on stage at Air Force graduation; White House says he's 'fine'
- Hunter Biden’s lawyers cite landmark gun ruling in bid to stave off charges
This story has been corrected to reflect that Trump’s final stop will be in Italy, not Vatican City.