SPANISH FORK, Utah (AP) — Police say a small plane was destroyed after it caught on fire while it was inside a hanger at a Spanish Fork airport.
Spanish Fork Police Lt. Brandon Anderson says the single-engine plane caught fire in a hanger at the Spanish Fork-Springville Airport late Saturday.
He says after the fire, the plane was practically reduced to its wings.
He estimates the fire caused $300,000 worth of damage.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House at war with itself even as it fights impeachment inquiry
- U.S. Navy submarine lost with all hands in World War II is found off Okinawa
- Donald Trump Jr. talk marked by anger over no Q&A
- Whodunit in Northern Idaho library: Someone keeps hiding the anti-Trump books VIEW
- Mormon who lost wife, sons in Mexico slaughter says he's returning to U.S.
According to a preliminary police report, a battery charger connected to the plane appears to be the cause of the fire.
Anderson says the fire remains under investigation.