SPANISH FORK, Utah (AP) — Police say a small plane was destroyed after it caught on fire while it was inside a hanger at a Spanish Fork airport.
Spanish Fork Police Lt. Brandon Anderson says the single-engine plane caught fire in a hanger at the Spanish Fork-Springville Airport late Saturday.
He says after the fire, the plane was practically reduced to its wings.
He estimates the fire caused $300,000 worth of damage.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- Morning coffee results in $1,000 fine, expulsion from Venice
- An American woman and her boyfriend were exploring Canada. They were found dead on a highway.
- Nobel laureate from Iraq told Trump that ISIS killed her family. 'Where are they now?' he asked.
- Plan to slow Western wildfires would clear strips of land
According to a preliminary police report, a battery charger connected to the plane appears to be the cause of the fire.
Anderson says the fire remains under investigation.