PORT ALLEN, La. (AP) — Police in a small Louisiana city are reporting its first homicide of 2017.
The Advocate reports 28-year-old Fatrell Queen was found shot dead early Thursday in his bedroom closet at a home in Port Allen. Police Chief Esdron Brown said neighbors reported hearing several gunshots.
Brown said Queen’s killing is the first reported in Port Allen all year. The city of roughly 5,100 people is located about 5 miles (8 kilometers) west of Baton Rouge.
Brown said the home where Queen was killed belongs to his mother, but Queen had been living there. He said police found no signs of forced entry.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She was told surgery would cost about $1,300. Then the bill came: $229,000
- CDC urges adults 50 and older to get a 2nd booster
- Don’t take a rapid COVID test too soon: How and when to swab
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- The angry white populist who paved the way for Trump
No arrests were immediately reported Thursday.
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com