WINFIELD, W.Va. (AP) — Police say a West Virginia man found asleep in a stranger’s home has been charged with burglary.
WSAZ-TV cited a criminal complaint in reporting that a Putnam County homeowner called dispatchers after finding a glass door broken at his residence and a man asleep in his bed. The homeowner told police a second glass door and a stained glass window also were damaged.
Responding deputies arrested 39-year-old Stacy Foster, who was charged with burglary and destruction of property. He was booked on Sunday into the Western Regional Jail. Online records didn’t indicate whether he has an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
Information from: WSAZ-TV, http://www.wsaz.com