FITCHBURG, Wis. (AP) — A woman and her child escaped injury when a stray bullet went through a wall of their Fitchburg home.
Police say the bullet pierced the headboard of a bed where the woman and child were sleeping about 11:15 a.m. Monday, struck a VCR on a dresser and then lodged inside an interior wall.
WISC-TV reports that a suspect in the shooting was not immediately identified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
Information from: WISC-TV, http://www.channel3000.com