FITCHBURG, Wis. (AP) — A woman and her child escaped injury when a stray bullet went through a wall of their Fitchburg home.
Police say the bullet pierced the headboard of a bed where the woman and child were sleeping about 11:15 a.m. Monday, struck a VCR on a dresser and then lodged inside an interior wall.
WISC-TV reports that a suspect in the shooting was not immediately identified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: WISC-TV, http://www.channel3000.com