LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles police say a 9-year-old boy has been shot and wounded as he slept in his South Los Angeles apartment.
Sgt. Hendley Hawkins says the bullet was fired late Monday from outside the building about 10 miles south of downtown LA.
Hawkins says the boy was struck once in his upper leg and hospitalized in stable condition. The wound is not considered life-threatening.
Police are searching for suspects.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine