PHOENIX (AP) — The north runway at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport will be closed for repairs starting next Monday.
Airport officials say a portion of the runway’s pavement will be removed and replaced.
The runway is expected to reopen next month.
Sky Harbor officials talked to airline executives and the Federal Aviation Administration to determine the least disruptive time for the closure.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
The Jan. 8-Feb. 21 span was chosen as the most acceptable option.
Airport officials say flight delays are possible during peak hours.
Sky Harbor has two additional runways on the south side and successfully operated as the busiest two runway airport in the world for many years.