NEWBORN, Ga. (AP) — A GoFundMe page has raised more than $400,000 in donations for four Georgia children whose parents were killed in a Halloween car crash.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports Donald and Crystal Howard went to buy face paint and candy Oct. 31 and were killed when their SUV flew off the road and hit a tree.
After the accident, trooper Nathan Bradley went to their home. He spent hours with the kids until their grandmother arrived from Florida.
With her permission, Bradley didn’t tell the children, ages 6 through 13, the news. Instead, he treated them to food, movies and a sleepover at his patrol post.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Vaccine reserve was already exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access
- 'QAnon Shaman's' note to Pence cited as evidence of 'assassination' plot before prosecutors walk back claim
- The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail
- Trump to leave Washington on morning of Biden's inauguration
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Bradley started the page initially for the Howards’ funeral expenses. By Friday, more than 10,000 people had donated.
The children will be living with their grandmother and relatives in Florida.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com