SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Sioux Falls police took a good-natured jab at the Minnesota Vikings as the team lost to the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC championship game, and lost out on a trip to the Super Bowl.
As the Eagles went up 31-7 against the vaunted Vikings defense, Sioux Falls police tweeted: “We just have been contacted by the @MinneapolisPD and are assisting in the locating of the Minnesota Vikings defense.”
The Argus Leader reports the tweet on the department’s official Twitter account went on to say: “If located we will let you know. We must hurry as we have been given a 30 minute time limit to assist.”
The police assistance didn’t help — the Eagles went on to win 38-7.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Information from: Argus Leader, http://www.argusleader.com