SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Sioux Falls police took a good-natured jab at the Minnesota Vikings as the team lost to the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC championship game, and lost out on a trip to the Super Bowl.
As the Eagles went up 31-7 against the vaunted Vikings defense, Sioux Falls police tweeted: “We just have been contacted by the @MinneapolisPD and are assisting in the locating of the Minnesota Vikings defense.”
The Argus Leader reports the tweet on the department’s official Twitter account went on to say: “If located we will let you know. We must hurry as we have been given a 30 minute time limit to assist.”
The police assistance didn’t help — the Eagles went on to win 38-7.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller reveals Trump's attempts to choke off Russia probe VIEW
- 3 climbers presumed dead after Banff avalanche
- Here's the redacted Mueller report and what you need to know about it
- Key takeaways from Robert Mueller's Russia report VIEW
- Thailand says US man's seasteading home violates sovereignty
Information from: Argus Leader, http://www.argusleader.com