SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Sioux Falls police took a good-natured jab at the Minnesota Vikings as the team lost to the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC championship game, and lost out on a trip to the Super Bowl.
As the Eagles went up 31-7 against the vaunted Vikings defense, Sioux Falls police tweeted: “We just have been contacted by the @MinneapolisPD and are assisting in the locating of the Minnesota Vikings defense.”
The Argus Leader reports the tweet on the department’s official Twitter account went on to say: “If located we will let you know. We must hurry as we have been given a 30 minute time limit to assist.”
The police assistance didn’t help — the Eagles went on to win 38-7.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- Less beef, more beans. Experts say world needs a new diet
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
Information from: Argus Leader, http://www.argusleader.com