SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — The Sioux Falls City Council has approved a deal to have a Nebraska-based company manage the city’s three golf courses for $75,000 a year.
The Argus Leader reports the five-year agreement also entitles Landscapes Unlimited to 11 percent of profits from course operations at Elmwood, Prairie Green and Kuehn Park. The 5-3 vote on Tuesday night came a week after councilmembers delayed taking action when the public and city officials voiced opposition.
Dakota Golf Management has managed the courses for 23 years and their contract expires Dec. 31.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
Information from: Argus Leader, http://www.argusleader.com