NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Nashville police are investigating the shooting of a 10-year-old boy.
Metro Nashville Police spokeswoman Kristin Mumford says Youth Services detectives are handling the apparent accidental shooting of the boy allegedly by his father.
Mumford says the father indicated he had dropped what he thought was an unloaded gun on Friday night. When he picked it up, the gun discharged and the child was struck in the abdomen.
Mumford says the boy was transported to Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital and is expected to recover.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fake images of Trump arrest show 'giant step' for AI's disruptive power
- What to know about the eyedrops linked to deaths and vision loss
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- End of the rainbow? California bill would ban sales of Skittles, other 'toxic' snacks
- A tree fell, killing two children. Their parents are now warning others