ALMA, Kan. (AP) — No charges will be filed in the fatal shooting death of a man last month in Wabaunsee County.
County Attorney Tim Liesmann announced Thursday that the shooting of 36-year-old Chad Thomas-Buckbee in Alma was a justified self-defense shooting.
Liesmann said the shooting occurred after Thomas-Buckbee began acting aggressively toward a family member, who tried to lock him out of the house.
He says Thomas-Buckbee got inside the house and was shot after he injured a family member. He died later at a Wamego hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘Are you talking to me?’ Trump’s anger on impeachment erupts
- The world's top economists just made the case for why we still need English majors
- Police seize guns in Snohomish County from man accused of 'preparing for race war'
- Man sprays bear repellent during California Trump protest
- Mark Esperanto? Trump misnames his defense secretary in tweet
Liesmann did not identify the shooter or the person who was injured.