ALMA, Kan. (AP) — No charges will be filed in the fatal shooting death of a man last month in Wabaunsee County.
County Attorney Tim Liesmann announced Thursday that the shooting of 36-year-old Chad Thomas-Buckbee in Alma was a justified self-defense shooting.
Liesmann said the shooting occurred after Thomas-Buckbee began acting aggressively toward a family member, who tried to lock him out of the house.
He says Thomas-Buckbee got inside the house and was shot after he injured a family member. He died later at a Wamego hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You should probably replace some of your fabric face masks
- Honestie Hodges, whose mistreatment by police led to changes, dies of COVID. She was 14.
- Trump pardons Flynn despite guilty plea in Russia probe
- A Trump-boosting sheriff earned White House visits. Now she's charged with theft.
- Secret Hasidic wedding in Brooklyn draws thousands of guests, $15K fine
Liesmann did not identify the shooter or the person who was injured.