ALMA, Kan. (AP) — No charges will be filed in the fatal shooting death of a man last month in Wabaunsee County.
County Attorney Tim Liesmann announced Thursday that the shooting of 36-year-old Chad Thomas-Buckbee in Alma was a justified self-defense shooting.
Liesmann said the shooting occurred after Thomas-Buckbee began acting aggressively toward a family member, who tried to lock him out of the house.
He says Thomas-Buckbee got inside the house and was shot after he injured a family member. He died later at a Wamego hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I'm having a bad dream': Air Canada reviews how crew left passenger on parked plane
- Trump sanctions Iran's supreme leader in provocative move
- At Costco food-sample line, gunfire, death and unanswered questions
- 30 tents abandoned by climbers add to trash pile on Everest VIEW
- France put on hot weather alert as heatwave reaches Europe VIEW
Liesmann did not identify the shooter or the person who was injured.