ERIE, Pa. (AP) — The shooting death of a man in northwestern Pennsylvania last week has been ruled accidental.
The Erie Times-News reports that 22-year-old Anthony Tetuan Renzi died at UPMC Hamot late Friday afternoon after being found in an Erie home early that morning with a gunshot wound to the head.
Erie County Deputy Coroner John Maloney ruled the death accidental. City police said no charges will be filed.
Police originally said the shooting appeared self-inflicted, but Detective Sgt. Chris Janus said the investigation determined that Renzi was shot when a gun was fired accidentally.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- California reparations amount, if any, left to politicians
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘We’re going away’: A state’s choice to forgo Medicaid funds is killing hospitals VIEW
Detectives said Friday that other people in the residence who were interviewed were friends who were there for a get-together
Information from: Erie Times-News, http://www.goerie.com