NORMAL, Ill. (AP) — Police say two people are dead following a shooting at an apartment complex in central Illinois.
Officers in Normal responded to reports of shots fired on Wednesday night and found two wounded young men on the floor inside an apartment. They were pronounced dead at the scene. Police Chief Rick Bleichner says “multiple rounds had been fired from multiple weapons.”
Bleichner says a person was taken into custody, but that no arrests have been made.
He says evidence indicates the shooting was drug-related, but notes the investigation is in the early stages. He says there is no ongoing danger to the public because everybody who was involved is accounted for.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
The names of the dead haven’t been released, but police estimate they were in their early 20s.